This is the point in time that you are actually receiving prospects… you have got a list of people to call and you are contemplating what to say, how to word it and how to close the prospect who has contacted you for information on your opportunity. Now you must actually SPEAK to them! How scary right??? Well, I definitely know for me it was when I was starting out. You will only OVERCOME this if you actually get on the phone and get out there and network! Practice makes perfect… if you do not practice, you will never get better. This is a fear many have, so you are not alone if you are one of them (I was DEFINITELY one of them when I was starting out!). Keep that in mind when you go to pick up that ten pound phone… you are calling someone who contacted YOU.
This simple step by step practice below is my base to successfully closing the 61 people in only 60 days. Now with that said, you must remember these are also people who knew me online or found me online… through my marketing strategies I stayed consistent with and implemented I was able to gain the more qualified prospects we as Network Marketers are looking for. So what is so cool about this is that you are speaking to someone who WANTS the information, who contacted you for this information which in return puts YOU in control. (To learn how to successfully bring in the right type of prospects, you will want to subscribe to my Free Training Series).
Before I get into my step by step practice for closing prospects, I wanted to share a quick video with you:
To receive this FREE Training Series that will explain to you exactly how I was able to recruit 61 prospects in only 60 days… Subscribe by either entering your information to the right above or by clicking here.
I know… I know… you are saying get to it already Jenn…
I will layout my entire strategy when Closing Prospects:
- Always introduce yourself in a relaxed, friend like manner. Like you have known that person forever. Just assume it is that person. So say it is Jane you are going to speak to… all you say is Hi Jane and then pause, wait for them to respond. They say hi and then you just say “Hey, it’s _________ just giving you a quick call like you had asked. Wanted to just chat with you a bit on what you were needing help with.” This puts you in place of control… basically they had asked you for information, so you are not here to sell them but HELP them.
- Once you are past the initial stage of introduction just flow into the conversation. (DO NOT start off with your opportunity) You want to build a relationship with the prospect. In some cases or most if you are doing online marketing or building your personal brand through your blog or online the person will be expecting your call. This gains a more personable base to your call because they have probably already looked at your website, opportunity and known you through your areas online. They want you to call them. With that said do not take that as an excuse to go right into your opportunity… build your relationship and connection first.
- The way to build a relationship is to do these five simple things:
*Come from the heart
*Make it ABOUT THEM
*Find out their past and experiences (I.E. Life, Businesses, Hardships, etc.)
*Find out about their circumstances now (their WHY)
*Ask them their goals and dreams. Where do you see yourself in two years?
These few things will give you the base to closing a prospect. You can intertwine their experiences, their WHY and their goals/dreams into your close and gain a connection through your conversation. You can relate to them, build a relationship and truly come from a place that CARES about them. They will see this as TRUST. And in return gives you a much higher possibility of closing them.
4. Once you have built your connection and trust that is when you can get into the opportunity.But the key to this is to not do an hour long presentation. I only speak to those who took the time to look at the website, information and videos on the opportunity. So once I have built that base and that relationship, I then ask them if they looked at the website, information or watched the videos.
If they did then great I move along into my conversation with them. If not then I redirect them to doing those things. This shows first, that my time is precious and I do have expectations for those who join me and second, it saves TONS of time. So, basically ask them if they reviewed the information, if not just say “No problem, go ahead and take the time today to look over everything and get your questions jotted down. Once you have your questions we can chat and go over everything to allow you to choose if this is the right opportunity for you. When is a good time for you tomorrow?”
If they do not have time tomorrow, just set up a second appointment when they have time. With that said, if it seems like they are brushing you off just let them know to contact you if they have questions. You only want to take the time to call those back who are truly interested and will not waste your time.
5. Now if they did look at the information… you can get right into answering their questions. I basically just say “Great, since you have looked over the information we can get right into it! Did you have any specific questions for me?” and then just move along with answering the questions and getting them all the information they need to decide if it is for them. (If it seems like they really did not look into it too much then redirect them again back to the website and information. Otherwise, answer their questions and move into the close.
6. Once the questions are answered and information is given… you must actually close the prospect! So with that said, closing is NOT selling. You have already built a base of trust and given them all the information they need. They know if they like it or not and probably did not stay on the phone that long with you if they did not like it or had an interest in joining. With that said… the simple ways of closing the prospect are:
- Intertwining their WHY and Reasons into the close. So for example you say “Sounds like what we do and represent is exactly what you are looking for because of A, B and C… we would be honored to have you on our team here and we actually have a few openings left this month (They do go fast). Now all we need to do is fill out your application. Then you will be up and running in less than 24 hours. Can I get your mailing address to where we send the checks?” Then move along through the different information on the application.
- If they are not ready at this point by interrupting you or do not have the money yet. Ask them when they think this will be possible. If they give you a date and time then get their application for that date and time. Then let them know you will enroll them on that date or time, then set up the appointment to get them going on that day. With that said if they do not know… do the next module below.
- Do NOT get into a selling mode. Get into an UNDERSTANDING mode. There is a huge difference. Basically you just want to let them know that you understand, that either you or a team member has been there in the same financial position (give example if you have one so you can relate) and that you are here whenever they are ready. Do NOT sell them. This will scare them off. You want to keep the trust and integrity built between you both. Some will get the start up in less than a month, some will have it the next day, some will take a few months to a year, some might not join you just yet but will still follow you. You must always keep that relationship based on trust and remember it might be there for another reason, you never know why they were placed on your path, that person might help you down the road.
7. Once you have settled on either side of the closing then move on. Do not focus nor think about the WHY they didn’t or IF they will join. You must keep on working, calling and building. “If one does not enroll the next one will” type of mindset. But you have to BELIEVE it deep with in you, not just a thought. People will feel your passion, your heart and your trust when you approach your lead in each of these steps and will ensure that even later down the road you will have built a relationship and value in your friendship.
So there you go… Now get on those phones, emails and instant messages and start CLOSING those Prospects! You have got the BELIEF and CONFIDENCE in you, you just need to CHOOSE to bring it out. Remember practice makes perfect and if you never actually get on that phone, you will never be able to master the skill of closing! In addition, remember to COME FROM THE HEART and do not see them as an enrollment or dollar sign. They are a Human Being, a real person and they deserve your true value and passion for their circumstances and reasons! Now go get those Prospects closed!
Your turn… what did you think? Do you have any strategies you use? Please share any feedback or comments below… we always love to hear from you! In addition, if you felt this helped you in anyway or can help someone else, please pass it along to any of your networks below. It is truly appreciated!